Applications are now closed. Please check back for information on 2018-2019.
All applicants must have:
- Received a four-year baccalaureate degree;
- Received a master’s degree in library or information science;
- Earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate and graduate course work;
- Must be currently a school or public librarian working with children and teens; or
- A recent MLIS graduate or librarian who would like additional experience working with children and teens
- GRE Scores are NOT required.
How to Apply:
The following must be submitted to the University of Maryland Graduate School:
- University of Maryland Graduate School application (http://gradschool.umd.edu/admissions/application-process/step-step-guide-applying) – Scroll to information under “All other applicants”.
- Original transcripts for all graduate and undergraduate work
- Current resume or CV
- A 500 word Statement of Purpose that indicates applicant’s interests, goals, and how he/she will use the skills learned from the certification to assist their library system or branch to work with different types of youth, such as non-dominant youth.
- One letter of recommendation from a supervisor or someone who can speak to the applicant’s capacity for successfully completing the certificate program and how the certificate will contribute to the applicant’s career and library system or branch.
Application and Year 1 Timeline
|Applications open||January 9, 2017|
|Application close||February 24, 2017|
|Return acceptance||March 31, 2017|
|Orientation and Human Computer Interaction Symposium||May 24-25, 2017|
|INST 650||Late May – August, 2017|
|INST 651||Late August – November 2017|
|INST 652||Late November, 2017 – February, 2018|
|INST Capstone||March-May, 2018|